Man oh man. While 2017 has had both ups and downs. I am excited for the new year. The beginning of the year will be a little tough, but I am have high hopes for the rest of the year.
I am ending 2017 as a single lady. Which is tough. Breaking up during the holidays definitely blows, but honestly is there ever a good time? So while I enjoyed my holidays, I was definitely heartbroken. A long relationship came to an end and a lot of people were shocked by the news.
I will tell you I sat there and sobbed for a long time. I still do every once in a while, but I started to make my plans for the new year. I will be 31 years old this year and I have a lot of goals that I want to accomplish. This year is definitely for me. ALL ABOUT ME.
So while I am getting over a heartbreak I am sharing with you what I want to accomplish during 2018.
1. Travel. Specifically to see a few friends that I have always wanted to visit as well as Costa Rica. I don't care if I go by myself. I want to have the experience of a lifetime.
2. Read! I want to read more. I am done with my master's. I get to enjoy reading again. I say again because I am finally reading what I want to read.
3. Put more focus in this blog, as well as the business I am building. I put together a calendar with a more detailed list of all the posts I want to do.
4. Exercise. Mainly because it is good for you, and I want to be more consistent.
5. Try out new recipes and food prep more often.
That's my list. May look small, but it is large for me. I should really put exercise on the top of the list. I just read an article about this lady who started a running challenge, and then just kept running. At the time of the article she had over 200 consecutive days of running, it's probably over 300 days now. I just got a rowing machine, I think I am going to focus on increasing my meters , I don't want to put too much pressure on my time right now. I'm super excited because I am a user Aaptiv, and they just brought in rowing classes! YAY! I was so excited when I saw it part of the workout list that I just started adding a bunch of classes to my to-do list. If you don't know what Aaptiv is, I highly suggest you try it out. It is definitely worth the $50/year. Yes I said that correctly. $50/year. (Disclaimer: I don't know if this pricing is still correct)
Now I don't make resolutions. I just make plans for each year. Only because I feel like I fail any resolution that I make. Do you make resolutions or goals for the new year? If so, what are yours this year?